We cannot currently represent at the final hearing but we can help the client to prepare their case.
We may need to take short breaks from time to time due to availability of volunteers.
Please contact us to discuss our current position. We are constantly reviewing our capacity and procedures.
what help can we provide if we take a case on?
we may help:
1. Lodge a first appeal to an Immigration Judge
2. Provide information on the appeal process
3. Draft witness statements
4. Prepare bundles of documents for an appeal
5. Find country information that might support a case
6. Make a fresh claim for asylum if the asylum seeker has
new information or a new reason for claiming.
we will not:
1. Go with a client to a Home Office interview
2. Provide representation before a judge, at this stage of
the Project's development
3. Go on the Tribunal record as representing them
4. Always be able to pay for things necessary for the case.
We have very limited funds to pay for translations, medical or experts reports. If this would help, then we will tell the asylum seeker and they would have the opportunity to raise their own funds if they can.